Here at Bright Side Vets, we offer a comprehensive range of medical and surgical ophthalmology services for our referral clients
All our referral patients for Ophthalmology receive a complete ophthalmic examination using:
- Slit lamp
An examination of the anterior segment of the eye, which includes the eyelid, sclera, conjunctiva, iris, and cornea.
- Direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy
These techniques can be used to assess the optic nerve, retina, vitreous and the lens. The indirect ophthalmoscope allows visualisation of the entire retina and optic nerve, whereas the direct ophthalmoscope allows for smaller areas of the retina to be viewed in more detail.
A diagnostic test that measures the intraocular pressure (the pressure inside the eye).
- Operating Microscope
Used during corneal surgery.
The services we offer include
- Diagnostic ultrasound for intraocular disease
- Corneal surgery including
- Graft procedures for perforations
- Laceration repair
- Treatment of sequestra
- Treatment of ulcers (superficial keratectomy, grid keratotomy)
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Nictitans gland (cherry eye) replacement
- Lacrimal punctal surgery
- Eyelid surgery including
- Medial canthoplasty
- Lump removal