PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER APPOINTMENTS TO CLIENTS NOT REGISTERED WITH BRIGHT SIDE VETS ALREADY, DUE TO A VERY HIGH DEMAND FOR APPOINTMENTS.
These AHCs must be issued by an Official Veterinary Surgeon (3 of our vets are available for this service) and are valid for travel to specific destination states for 10 days from the date of issue. They are valid for return to the UK up to 4 months from the date of issue. An AHC is only valid for one trip.
For your pet to travel with an AHC it must:
- Be over 12 weeks of age (16 weeks for some destinations),
- Must be microchipped with information up to date.
- Have had a rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior (some country’s are 30 days) to the issue of the AHC.
Before you plan to travel please contact the surgery in good time as there is some information we require before we can complete the AHC so we will need this in advance of your appointment.
When you attend your appointment, you will need:
- To bring your pet for his/her microchip to be verified,
- Proof of a valid, in date rabies vaccine, (UK Pet passport if you have one already issued),
- Written authorisation if you will not be accompanying your pet naming the person who will be responsible for them during travel,
- Proof of entry to an event if travelling for the purpose of competition.
Please note that the AHC is not for animals that are being sold or used for commercial purposes.
Please note that entry to European countries must be through specific entry points, more information about which is available here.
In some cases, different countries may have extra requirements such as a valid rabies blood test. More information about which countries this may be should be checked online here as this information changes regularly
If you would like any more information or to book an appointment prior to travel, please contact us here.